FM Functions includes the fmfunctions.com website and Real Evolution Pty Limited.
Information Collected by FM Functions
We only collect personal information that is relevant to the purpose of our website, which is to enable users to discover and share custom functions for FileMaker and other FileMaker related information with one another. The information we collect allows us to provide you with a customized and efficient experience. We do not process this information in a way that is incompatible with this objective. We collect the following types of information from our FM Functions users:
- Information You Provide to Us:
We receive and store any information you enter on our website or provide to us in any other way. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, but then you may not be able to take advantage of many important aspects of the website. In order for you to use FM Functions services, such as adding new functions and commenting on existing functions, you must complete a registration form. As part of this registration form, we require that you provide us with certain personal information (including your full name, e-mail address, occupation etc).
- Automatic Information:
- We receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with us. FM Functions and its authorized agents automatically receive and record certain "traffic data" on their server logs from your browser including your IP address, FM Functions cookie information, and the page you requested. FM Functions uses this traffic data to help diagnose problems with its servers, analyze trends and administer the website.
- FM Functions may collect and, on any page, display the total counts that page has been viewed. This includes User Profile pages.
- Many companies offer programs that help you to visit websites anonymously. While FM Functions will not be able to provide you with a personalized experience if we cannot recognize you, we want you to be aware that these programs are available.
FM Functions is very concerned about your privacy and we will never provide your email address to a third party without your explicit permission, as detailed in the "Sharing Your Information" section below. FM Functions may send out e-mails with FM Functions-related news, products, offers, surveys or promotions. You may also receive notification e-mails from FM Functions, which inform you of actions (e.g. friend requests) that have been performed on the site. If you do not want to receive e-mail from us, please visit the Email Preferences section of your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message. However, please note that in all cases you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser to enable our systems to recognize your browser and tell us how and when pages in our website are visited and by how many people. FM Functions cookies do not collect personal information, and we do not combine information collected through cookies with other personal information to tell us who you are or what your screen name or e-mail address is.
Sharing Your Information
Because FM Functions enables people to discover and share information with one another, information about the people who use FM Functions is an integral part of the FM Functions experience. We neither rent nor sell your personal information to anyone and that we will share your personal information only as described below.
- FM Functions Personnel: FM Functions personnel and authorized consultants and/or contractors may have access to user information if necessary in the normal course of FM Functions business.
- Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the business assets that is transferred. Moreover, if FM Functions, or substantially all of its assets, were acquired, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred.
- User Profile information: Information collected during registration and subsequent visits may be displayed to other FM Functions users in your User Profile. The User Profile is the area on FM Functions where we allow you to tell other FM Functions users about yourself and your interests. You may control what personal information is displayed in your User Profile.
- Member Directory: The e-mail address that you submit upon registration will be used to allow other FM Functions users contact you via a form on the website. You may opt-out of this feature by adjusting the settings in your profile.
- Social sharing of data: FM Functions allows other users and the public to view functions that you have submitted or commented on. This information is made available publicly via your user profile, and elsewhere on the website. FM Functions may choose to post this data on other site features.
- API: FM Functions will allow third parties access to all FM Functions data this is already publicly available through the FM Functions website. FM Functions will keep private any passwords and blog settings.
- Syndication: FM Functions allows for the RSS syndication of all of its public content within the FM Functions website.
- With Your Consent: Except as noted above, we will contact you when your personal information is shared with third parties or used for a purpose incompatible with the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected, and you will be able to opt out to prevent the sharing of this information.
Keeping Information Secure
- Your FM Functions account information is protected by a password for your privacy and security. Protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer by logging off once you have finished using a shared computer.
- Only employees who need personal information to perform a specific job (for example, a customer service representative) are granted access to it. All of our employees are kept up to date on our privacy and security practices.
Ways to Control Display and Use of Your Information
- As stated previously, you can always opt not to disclose information, but then you may be unable to use certain features on our website, such as posting new links.
- By visiting your User Profile, you can correct, amend, add or delete personal information on our website. When you update information, however, we may maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records.
- You may request deletion of your FM Functions account by e-mailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- If you do not wish to receive e-mail from us or other FM Functions users, please visit your User Profile and/or follow the instructions contained in the unwanted e-mail message.
- However, please note that you will continue to receive all system e-mails (e.g. those regarding forgotten user passwords) and legal notices (e.g. updates to our policies) from us.
- If you do not wish to have people other FM Functions members contact you by email form via the website please adjust the public/private settings in your User Profile to opt out of this feature.
- As explained earlier, the "help" portion of the toolbar on the majority of browsers will direct you on how to prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, how to command the browser to tell you when you receive a new cookie, or how to fully disable cookies. Please note, however, that if your browser does not accept cookies, you will not be able to take advantage of some of our attractive features.
Children Under 18 Years of Age
You must be 13 years and older to register to use the FM Functions website. As a result, FM Functions does not specifically collect information about children. If we learn that FM Functions has collected information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. We recommend that minors between the ages of 13 and 18 ask and receive their parents' permission before using FM Functions or sending information about themselves or anyone else over the Internet.
Conditions of Use